Sun City Festival Senior Softball Club
Sun City Festival Community
Welcome to the Sun City Festival Softball Club
The SCF Softball Club is always open to all Sun City Festival residents who are interested in playing senior softball. The Club accepts individuals of all skill levels, both men and women. You're invited to watch a practice or any softball game, talk to the players and ask questions - anytime. See the "Membership" page to learn more and fill out an application. So come out and play ball!
Softball Club Current Announcements:
COVID-19 Protocols for League Play-Sun City Festival Winter 2020-2021
- Social Distancing in Dugout and Stands
- 2 players in dugout; 1 player on deck, manager in dugout, all other players outside the dugout spaced at least 6 feet apart
- No congregating in gate areas. All players must enter and exit without blocking these areas
- Umpires and catchers 6 feet apart from each other and have catcher at least 6 feet behind the plate
- Bleachers- to be used only for players and all players need to practice social distancing. 3 player max per row and 6 feet apart
- When a player scores, they should immediately move outside the dugout and maintain distancing to limit aerosol exposure to other players. They should put mask back on as soon as possible
- Scorekeeping will be moved upstairs to it’s original position in the crow’s nest.
- Masks- To be worn when not on the field; encouraged but optional on the field and when batting
- When player comes off the field, the need to put on mask/gaiter and keep on while social distancing
- Mask required for scorekeeper as they are not on the field of play
- SANITIZING- When a player comes off the field, they should sanitize their hands using the HOA provided sanitizer, their own sanitizer, or club provided sanitizer
- Club to buy Odoban/sanitizer and use according to recommendations to sanitize bats/balls/dugout/hands. If HOA runs out of provided sanitizer, can be a secondary source
- Club bats to be sanitized after each game
- Players encouraged to use their own bats; club bats available at own risk. When using club bat, pick up by end of bat and not handle. Make sure to sanitize hands after returning to bench
- END OF GAME
- No hand shake line/fist bumps/high 5’s/etc…
- Leave field immediately
- Social distance and wear mask if staying at the field
- No post game snacks provided by club
- All fans requested to wear masks when watching the game down the sidelines while maintaining social distancing.
Next Club meeting will be in the fall of 2021. TBD.